Monday, December 10, 2007

17 1/2 ???

Facebook should have been a full number...

I explored facebook it is OK but I had a lot of trouble using Myspace and it seems so much easier to use...Sorry to all my friends who have facebook and who are excited that I am now a member because I will not be using it much.

As for some to the top ten facebook applications

IRead...I read do you???
I think Queens customers will LOVE this...readers like to see what others are reading and more importantly what they think about what they are reading.

Librarian
This one looks like it might be useful for ready reference type questions...Did I just date myself by using the term Ready Reference...I haven't heard that in a LONG time.

MyFlicker
This one is another one that our customers would like...this would be a good one for a library facebook page. We could link to community picture and library pictures.

Slideshare
This looks like it would be another one that would be good for a library page...we could post PowerPoint presentations for staff as well as customers (like the Exit Project Video)

LOL Cats
This is probably a very very popular application. Everyone puts the cute kitties on their sites, e-mails etc. Kids, tweens, teens and adults will love this one.

Libguides
I don't think this one will be LOVE my our customers...some people will defiantly find it useful but I don't see customers using it often.

Del.icio.us
This one I will have to get back to you one since I skipped this as part of the original 23 1/2 things and still need to go back to it.

No comments: