Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Podcast...Smodcasts

Now I know what they have been talking about on the radio. And one question I had was answered which came first eh Ipod or the podcast...ANSWER the podcast. I actually wonder about that when I hear the word podcast. Since Apple has been doing so well with their clever word twist I was actually assuming it was the other way around.

I did look through and I found some interesting stuff like a woman who has posted herself reading different books. I wanted to listen to a bit of it but I was told by the computer who thinks it knows more then me ( and I fear it is right) that I am missing a file ActiveX. I don't know what that means exactly except I can't listen to the podcast, but with so much blocked on our computers I am not to surprised. That was when I tried Podcast.net

Yahoo Audio had better results I was able to listen to a few excerpts from audio books from this site. If we don't have this on our site yet we should look into it especially since one podcast came from a Suffolk County Library.

No comments: