Friday, December 21, 2007

A New Begining...

The program is over but the journey has just begun.

I have learned so much from this program and although there were times that I was frustrated beyond belief, but I have learned so much that I will be able to use in the future. I have wet my toes in the pond of technology although I am not quite ready to jump in with yet I have a new base of knowledge to build upon. This program was a great idea and I am so happy that queens has given us this opportunity. Not only can I use all these new tools for my personal benefit but I can better help my customers with this new found knowledge.

My favorite part of the program looking back had to actually be the Flicka, image generators and the Flicka Mashups. I have always loved photographs and it is fun to look thought the ton and tons of pictures on the site and see the endless possibilities of things to do and make with the pictures.

As for things to do differently there honestly isn't much I would change, except it would have been nice to have had a better way to contact people who could help on a topic you got stuck on. RSS gave me a really bad time. I work in a 2 person agency and I called several people, both inside and outside the library, who were not able to help me. It would have been nice to be able to pick up the phone and speak with someone who would have been able to help me. Other then that the program was wonderful!

2 comments:

Nice Guy said...

Image generator list: http://www.txt2pic.com (you can make logos, signs, clipart, scrapbook layouts, personalized photocards, calendars, desktop wallpapers, etc).

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.